[mythtv-users] Recorded program playing back different program than scheduled

David Watkins watkinshome at gmail.com
Thu Sep 29 10:10:58 UTC 2011

> In the end I found that I made some mistakes in the script and I was ending up with some channels sharing the same channel number. Record on the named channel rules worked fine, record an any channel rules were fine if the wanted channel was first in the channel list but recorded the wrong channel if the wanted channel was second.
>
> Maybe your problem is different but the symptoms sound similar and I found it very confusing for a day or two.

Good call - my problem was slightly different,  but still down to a
bad channel table.

I have two tuners: a DVB-T and DVBT-2 (HD), connected to separate
sources.  Somehow the HD channels got listed on both sources.  On the
DVB-T source they had null entries for mplexid and serviceid (could
the scan have done this?).  They did however, thanks to my channel
tidyup script, have xmltvid entries and were set to visible.

I guess when MythTV tried to record from one of these channels with
null multiplex entries then either the recorder or the error logger
picked up the last valid serviceid used?  (or maybe it was more random
than that).

Doesn't explain why most of my recordings succeeded though.  All my
rules use 'anytime on any channel', so I'd have expected things to be
consistent.