[mythtv-users] Recorded program playing back different program than scheduled

David Watkins watkinshome at gmail.com
Thu Sep 22 10:18:28 UTC 2011

> Another regular timeslot recording is also recording the wrong channel and
> some of the other schedules are working OK.  I have 2 tuners in the system
> version 0.24.  Does anyone have any ideas how I should troubleshoot and fix?

Look in the backend log is a good place to start.

I have a similar problem where my backend tries to tune to the
incorrect channel, but fails because that channel doesn't exist on the
multiplex it's trying to use.  The backend appears to go to the
correct multiplex but uses the wrong Programme Allocation Table (PAT)
reference, belonging to a different channel on a different multiplex.

I assume that you're using DVB-T?  Are you using EIT for programme
information or xmltv?

I've just found out that:

The failure has occurred on the same programme two weeks in a row(like you) .
The incorrect channel (PAT reference)  appears to be random but (so
far) always one that uses EIT for its programme data (I have a mix
where some channels use EIT and some use xmltv).  I use EIT for radio
and News channels and I rarely record from these.

I'm running 0.25, what about you?

My next step is to ramp up the detail in the backend log to see if I
get any more information.