[mythtv-users] HDHomerun signal issue

ojw at weilerfamily.com ojw at weilerfamily.com
Tue Sep 20 22:40:19 UTC 2011

<snip stuff about OTA reception degradation>

Turns out that I had something seriously wrong with my grounding on my
antenna wire.  When I put a multimeter between the screw terminals on
the antenna and the case of my backend/frontend computer, I got 38
volts.  Woo hoo, that was exciting!

I grounded the antenna and things are much better, though not as
perfect as it used to be.  I'm thinking I've got some kind of minor
ground fault going on inside my signal amplifier.

I'll go spelunking the internet for a forum or mailing list that deals
with proper antenna cabling but it'd be interested to hear how the
MythTV community deals with a fair number of OTA receivers, like where
to place amplifiers, if any, what splitters work best, etc.  If
anybody has any advice, I'm all ears.