[mythtv-users] HVR-2250 blue recordings

Neil Cooper neilcoo at yahoo.co.uk
Mon Sep 19 18:39:46 UTC 2011

Hi,

my backend is running 0.24.1 and has a single HVR-2250 tuner card. Sometimes I get recordings that have a blue screen only. I'm guessing because it was scheduled on the card's 2nd tuner hardware but I haven't proved it.

It seems that somehow (only) the card's 2nd tuner hardware isn't being initialized properly on opening.

I have 2 input groups set up (1 analog and 1 digital input on each group). Both digital tuners are setup to open on demand, and to not do EIT scanning. Tuner timeouts are the default values.

I guessed that the analog and digital inputs both listed as number 0 are shared hardware and the two tuners listed as number 1 are shared hardware. Is this (necessarily) true? (Could it be e.g. 0 and 1 are shared hardware, and 1 and 0 the other shared hardware?)

I also found that in 'watch live tv' analog input 0 and digital input 0 seem always OK, yet digital input 1 can't tune and gives me a blue picture until I switch to analog 1, tune it to a differnet analog channel, then switch back to digital 1. It can then tune the channel it couldn't before.

Has anyone else with an HVR-2250 had this experience?  Is this a known mythtv bug? I don't think its a hardware issue as I can get all the tuners working fine outside of mythtv.

Thanks guys,
Neil Cooper.