[mythtv-users] 3 Mux but recording schedule indicating using 4 tuners?

Ronald Frazier ron at ronfrazier.net
Sun Sep 18 21:38:46 UTC 2011

On Sun, Sep 18, 2011 at 5:00 PM, Michael T. Dean
<mtdean at thirdcontact.com> wrote:
> Delete all capture cards, then create the capture cards in the reverse
> order you want them used for Live TV and re-connect inputs in the order
> you want them used for recordings.  Note that the 2 can be different
> orders...

You know, you said this yesterday, but I didn't quite catch the subtle
distinction there. Live TV is based on the (reverse) order the cards
are created, and recordings are based on the order of the input
linking? I didn't know that...I thought both were based on the input
order. So here is a question...if LiveTv goes by the card order, then
what order does it use when there are multiple inputs for a card? Does
it choose the last card, and then the last input for that card, or is
it the last card, and then the first input for that card?

Furthermore, I'm confused about another thing. There has been this
advice about creating your virtual tuners, and then at the end going
back and adding 1 more virtual tuner per recorder. This was to avoid 2
livetv sessions from grabbing virtual tuners on the same card.
However, that seems to imply that livetv tuner is chosen by the order
of the inputs. So I really don't see how the card order comes into
play. Can you elaborate on this a bit? If it makes it easier to
explain, you can even write it in pseudo code if you want.

--
Ron Frazier