[mythtv-users] Playback problem with VDPAU

Josu Lazkano josu.lazkano at gmail.com
Sun Sep 18 11:15:08 UTC 2011

2011/9/18 Michael T. Dean <mtdean at thirdcontact.com>:
> On 09/17/2011 09:07 PM, Josu Lazkano wrote:
>> Hello again and sorry this post, I forget to put it on the last post.
>>
>> I notice that some problems is with vdpau and deinterlacing, this is
>> the command:
>>
>> tail -f mythfrontend.log | grep Failed -C 15

>> 2011-09-18 03:03:53.783 VDP: GetFilteredDeint() : vdpau ->  'none'
>> Must I configure the playback profile deeper?
>
> You really do want to enable some deinterlacer for when you play back
> interlaced content.  If you're having performance issues, try one of
> lower-resource vdpau ones (like not advanced)...  I'm not sure which
> ones are lowest resource, but you could try a few of them.
>
> Mike

Thanks Mike, I have different options on Primary and Fallback deinterlacer:

None
One Field (1x, HW)
Bob (2x, HW)
Temporal (1x,HW)
Advanced (1x, HW)
Temporal (2x,HW)
Advanced (2x,HW)

I am trying some of them, but I really don't know which to use. I am
reading on the wiki
(http://www.mythtv.org/wiki/VDPAU#Disabling_the_Composite_Extension)
people use some to SD and other to HD. How could I select the
resolution on the VDPAU Slim?

I will try all day with different options, is there anyone with Nvidia
ION board as backend/frontend working great on playback?

Thanks and best regards.

--
Josu Lazkano