[mythtv-users] 3 Mux but recording schedule indicating using 4 tuners?

Michael T. Dean mtdean at thirdcontact.com
Sat Sep 17 15:40:12 UTC 2011

On 09/17/2011 12:42 AM, Raymond Wagner wrote:
> On 9/17/2011 00:31, tortise wrote:
>>> Note that you must remove all your tuners, and add them all back one at
>>> a time with all the virtual tuners you need, as Ronald described.  If
>>> you don't, MythTV will continue to use the fourth tuner, because the
>>> additional virtuals for the second tuner will be lower on the list.
>> Is there a sql command that will drop out whether my tuners are setup as
>> Ronald described?
> SELECT capturecard.cardid,displayname FROM capturecard,cardinput WHERE
> capturecard.cardid=cardinput.cardid;

Actually, best for figuring out the order used for recordings is:

SELECT cardinputid, cardid, displayname
   FROM cardinput ORDER BY cardinputid;

The SQL that Raymond gave would be best for figuring out the order that
Live TV will use capture cards, presuming that you enable the setting,
"Avoid conflicts between Live TV and scheduled shows."

Note that the card inputs may be connected in a different order than
capture cards are created (i.e. to allow you to use cards for Live TV in
one specific order--based on the reverse of the order in which cards are
created--and use inputs for recordings in a different order--based on
the order in which inputs are connected).  That said, chances are you
connected inputs in the order you created the capture cards, so the
above would likely show the same result as the query you ran.

Mike