[mythtv-users] mythbuild.sh cross compile for windows qt error

Eric Smith erictsmith at gmail.com
Fri Sep 16 22:35:22 UTC 2011

On Fri, Sep 16, 2011 at 6:58 AM, Lawrence Rust <lvr at softsystem.co.uk> wrote:
> On Thu, 2011-09-15 at 22:19 -0400, Eric Smith wrote:
> [snip]
>> Thanks.  I noticed the mysql issue as well after I produced the log
>> file.  I actually went in and changed the version in the build script
>> and renamed the folder in the patch directory to match.  The build
>> then completed with no other issues.  I finally got home this evening
>> and had a chance to move it over to my windows box.  During the
>> installation I did receive an error "Setup cannot copy the file
>> libmythavcore-*.dll"  But I allowed it to continue and after a quick
>> test things appear to be working pretty well.  Thanks again.
>
> NB the updated version of mysql (5.1.58) wasn't patched during the build
> process as the version didn't match any in the mythpatches-0.24 that you
> have.  If you build a debug version then there is an important patch to
> apply to an assert that incorrectly fires during normal operation.
>
> You can download the updated patches from here:
> http://www.softsystem.co.uk/download/mythtv/mythpatches-0.24.tar.bz2
>
> or just delete the old archive and mythbuild.sh will download the new
> one.
>
> I've also updated the mythbuild.sh script with the mysql version change
> and a fix to the download() function to ensure that it returns with an
> error if an archive couldn't be fetched. The new script is here:
> http://www.softsystem.co.uk/download/mythtv/mythbuild.sh
>
> --
> Lawrence

Are you saying the error I saw during installation was due to the
missed patch, or is that error insignificant?  I'll grab your new
script and patches and do another build, but I'm not sure if I
actually need that or not?  After a quick look last night things
seemed to be working pretty well.  Now that I have had more time to
play with it I'm having trouble getting consistent video playback.
With the direct3d render I get "corruption" in the image (which I
think may be the wallpaper/whatever other window is behind the video
displaying).  The corruption seems to get worse if I move the video to
the 2nd or 3rd monitor and have the window focus somewhere else.  If I
use opengl playback will start and I can hear the audio, but the video
never appears and the "playback starting" window stays on the screen.
I'll work on grabbing some more logs to see if I can track down those
issues, but if you have any thoughts its appreciated.