[mythtv-users] mythbuild.sh cross compile for windows qt error

Lawrence Rust lvr at softsystem.co.uk
Fri Sep 16 10:58:11 UTC 2011

On Thu, 2011-09-15 at 22:19 -0400, Eric Smith wrote:
[snip]
> Thanks.  I noticed the mysql issue as well after I produced the log
> file.  I actually went in and changed the version in the build script
> and renamed the folder in the patch directory to match.  The build
> then completed with no other issues.  I finally got home this evening
> and had a chance to move it over to my windows box.  During the
> installation I did receive an error "Setup cannot copy the file
> libmythavcore-*.dll"  But I allowed it to continue and after a quick
> test things appear to be working pretty well.  Thanks again.

NB the updated version of mysql (5.1.58) wasn't patched during the build
process as the version didn't match any in the mythpatches-0.24 that you
have.  If you build a debug version then there is an important patch to
apply to an assert that incorrectly fires during normal operation.

You can download the updated patches from here:
http://www.softsystem.co.uk/download/mythtv/mythpatches-0.24.tar.bz2

or just delete the old archive and mythbuild.sh will download the new
one.

I've also updated the mythbuild.sh script with the mysql version change
and a fix to the download() function to ensure that it returns with an
error if an archive couldn't be fetched. The new script is here:
http://www.softsystem.co.uk/download/mythtv/mythbuild.sh

--
Lawrence