[mythtv-users] FW: Channel listing on mythweb from PDA broken

Michael T. Dean mtdean at thirdcontact.com
Fri Sep 16 18:37:38 UTC 2011

<fixed all quoting and attributions>

On 09/16/2011 06:35 AM, Martin Moores wrote:
> On 16 September 2011 11:32, Anthony Rooney wrote:
>> From:  Jim Morton
>>> Perhaps it is because your posts show up with your comments quoted. At
>>> first glance all of your posts seem to have no new content. I have
>>> skipped many of your posts thinking you hit reply and send by accident.
>>> I only read this one because it kept carrying on. And I have to say it is
>>> difficult to discern what was said when and by whom.
>>>
>>> Wish I could help you with your problem but I can't.
>> Jim - I bottom post as instructed by the forum so I don't understand why
>> you
>> find if it difficult to follow the thread?
>> By the way the snippet you attribute to me was actually posted by Michael.
> I think what Jim means, is that your text in aligned with the previous
> text.  Yes, it is at the bottom, but comes through as:
>
> http://imgur.com/YWPp4

Or http://www.gossamer-threads.com/lists/mythtv/users/491481#491481 .

The problem is that the mail client Anthony is using (Microsoft Outlook
14.0) is a broken piece of junk that a) is configured to send HTML
replies to the list (which means they are semi-readable to people who
are viewing the messages in HTML format--but not at all reply-able
without manually fixing all the quoting and attributions) and b) sends
garbage for the plain-text version of the message.

So, Anthony, it would be great if you would configure your Outlook to
send messages to /this/ list as plain text rather than sending a
multipart/mixed reply (meaning tell it not to send HTML to the
mythtv.org domain so we get messages without the broken HTML MS
Obfuscator uses).  Note that most e-mail clients (Outlook included,
TTBOMK) allow you to configure "plain-text domains" somewhere in their
settings, so this can be done automatically for you by Outlook without
affecting e-mails you send to other people.

Mike