[mythtv-users] [OT] Listing of channels from Dishnetwork to use for schedulesdirect

mythtv at blandford.net mythtv at blandford.net
Sun Sep 11 19:44:56 UTC 2011

On 09/09/2011 05:00 AM, Jim Morton wrote:
> On 9/8/2011 11:39 PM, mythtv at blandford.net wrote:
>> Hello,
>>
>> Is there any easy way to get a listing of all the dish network channels
>> I should receive to use as input for schedulesdirect?
>>
>> For example, if I have the America's top 200 + HD + HBO, I can't seem to
>> find any place to list that I have channels 79-200 + 450-800 + 3700 for
>> example.  From what I see I have to go into each package and correlate
>> that to the channel and then to schedulesdirect.
>>
>> Is there any easier way?
>>
>> Michael
>
> You're gonna need to get that from Dish. They sent me (or maybe the
> installer left) a card with all the channels for each package. I used
> that card on the Schedules Direct page. I first deselected everything
> and then using the card selected only the channels I wanted in Myth. I
> skipped all the shopping channels and some of of the other channels I am
> not interested in.
>
> If you don't have that channel card then go to
> http://www.dishnetwork.com/packages/eco_detail.aspx?pack=at200 and set
> it up to show a list, sort by name and put in you zip code. Now you have
> a list.

Hi Jim,

this helps a lot.

I can do this for the top 200 package for example, but I then still need
to figure out what channels are in the HD package and the HBO packages.

I just don't think dish makes this very easy for their subscribers (
using myth ).

Thanks for the input.  It looks like it just has to be a very manual
method the first time.

Michael