[mythtv-users] [OT] Listing of channels from Dishnetwork to use for schedulesdirect

Jim Morton Jim at Morton.hrcoxmail.com
Fri Sep 9 12:00:42 UTC 2011

On 9/8/2011 11:39 PM, mythtv at blandford.net wrote:
> Hello,
>
> Is there any easy way to get a listing of all the dish network channels
> I should receive to use as input for schedulesdirect?
>
> For example, if I have the America's top 200 + HD + HBO, I can't seem to
> find any place to list that I have channels 79-200 + 450-800 + 3700 for
> example.  From what I see I have to go into each package and correlate
> that to the channel and then to schedulesdirect.
>
> Is there any easier way?
>
> Michael

You're gonna need to get that from Dish. They sent me (or maybe the
installer left) a card with all the channels for each package. I used
that card on the Schedules Direct page. I first deselected everything
and then using the card selected only the channels I wanted in Myth. I
skipped all the shopping channels and some of of the other channels I am
not interested in.

If you don't have that channel card then go to
http://www.dishnetwork.com/packages/eco_detail.aspx?pack=at200 and set
it up to show a list, sort by name and put in you zip code. Now you have
a list.

You probably want to avoid selecting all channels on SD like I did. If
you do and mythfilldatabase runs it will populate your listings with all
of the pay-per-view(?) porn titles. I struggled for a few days to get
them out. All while my wife was screaming at me not to let the kids see
that. Even though we didn't get those channels. That was a very rocky
and memorable time.