[mythtv-users] How to make "Record this program in This Timeslot every ..." more tolerant to late arrival EPG changes ?

Kevin Kuphal kkuphal at gmail.com
Fri Sep 9 12:44:50 UTC 2011

On Thu, Sep 8, 2011 at 8:11 PM, blind_Pete <0123peter at gmail.com> wrote:

> On Fri, 9 Sep 2011, E. Westbrook wrote:
> > On Sep 8, 2011 8:50 AM, "Ronald Frazier" <ron at ronfrazier.net> wrote:
> > >
> > > You mean a dumb recorder, like a VCR, just recording a specific time
> > > regardless of what's actually airing? That option already exists. I
> > > believe it's call a manual recording or manual schedule (something
> > > like that).
>
> Dumb recording!  That is a good name.  It is actually what I expected
> with the description "timeslot".  To my mind a timeslot has a start and
> a duration.  I know that there is a manual option but, it is not on the
> menu of choices when you click on a show, files recorded do not get
> named with the show that it (mostly) coincides with, and it does not
> make itself visible on the TV Guide.

Unfortunately, you're making a "timeslot" rule on a specific show which is
why Myth does not record unless the show and the slot match the rule.  The
generic timeslot recording (as you describe) is handled by a Manual
Recording rule.  The "Record any" type rules account for drift.  It's fun to
tilt at windmills, but ultimately the tools to do the right thing already
exist ready to be used to address each situation.

Kevin