[mythtv-users] How to make "Record this program in This Timeslot every ..." more tolerant to late arrival EPG changes ?

Ronald Frazier ron at ronfrazier.net
Fri Sep 9 03:37:10 UTC 2011

On Thu, Sep 8, 2011 at 10:11 PM, blind_Pete <0123peter at gmail.com> wrote:
> Add a default configuration of a soft lead in time of a minute, a soft
> lead out time of five minutes and there might be fewer surprises.

Off the top of my head, that seems like it would involve some more
complicated logic in the scheduler. It seems to me there would be a
potentially easier way to deal with it. Without looking at the source
code, I assume for a timeslot recording the scheduler looks up by
doing a "WHERE program.title=record.title AND program.starttime =
record.starttime AND program.endtime=record.endtime". What may be
possible is to add another recording option (maybe call it something
like a flexible timeslot recording, or something), and the criteria
would be "WHERE program.title=record.title AND program.starttime <
record.endtime AND program.endtime > record.starttime". This would
record the show anytime its scheduled time overlaps the timeslot (even
by a second).

Again...that's all off the top of my head. I've no idea if it would be
as simple as that to implement.

--
Ron Frazier