[mythtv-users] Rescan from the command line

Clay ctmythtv at pacbell.net
Wed Sep 7 21:07:33 UTC 2011

Mike Perkins wrote:
> On 07/09/11 16:33, Clay wrote:
>> Ian Oliver wrote:
>>>
>>> Ignore me - I've never used the Y option. Will try tonight.
>>>

>> I use x forwarding:
>> ssh -X (IP of MBE)
>>
> As I understand it, Y gives you the option of root access. You did want to stop
> the backend before running mythtv-setup and restarting it afterwards?

Generally, I run mythtv-setup.real, so I don't have to stop the backend.
Then I sudo /etc/init.d/mythbackend restart, if needed.

Most of the time I'm just looking, or putting wayward tuners back where
they belong, etc., after a restart.
If I plan on doing some heavy work, I stop the backend first, before
running setup.

(that, and I never knew about the -Y switch..)