[mythtv-users] Best front-end machine?

Rob Verduijn rob.verduijn at gmail.com
Mon Sep 5 10:36:15 UTC 2011

Mmmmm,

I'm still wary about ATI in combination with linux.

Forgive me for not taking your word for it, but I do need more than just
your opinion to be convinced to dump nvidia cards that do everything I want
them to do.

Could you post a link to some proper 3d tests and/or video accelerated video
running ati under linux with foss drivers.

Cause I'm still avoiding ati based on previous experiences (admitted more
than a year) because I already wasted money on an ati card only to see it
malfunction under linux (tried it with mythtv).
Even if you are right and the drivers are working fine for more than vesa I
still won't buy one unless I have seen one work in the situations that I
wish to deploy it in.

Rob