[mythtv-users] LiveTV zapping speed

Josu Lazkano josu.lazkano at gmail.com
Sat Sep 3 18:03:12 UTC 2011

Hello list, I have a little question, how much does mythtv take to
change channels on LiveTV?

I have 2 DVB-T and 1 DVB-S2 card and it takes 4-7 seconds. I have 2
other 2 dvb receptors, and both take much less time to change channels
(less than a second). And they are cheap ones (Dreambox 500S and Ariva
120 combo).

I am using a a Nvidia ION board with Atom proccessor. I have some questions:

1. Is there any backend configuration to performance the zapping speed?

2. Is a Atom CPU not powerful for this?

I know that MythTV is designed for PVR, but I use it lot for LiveTV. I
will be happy to know this forum LiveTV performance and recomendation.

Thanks and best regards.

--
Josu Lazkano