[mythtv-users] What is everyone using for IR Receivers ?

Mark Small msmall at eastlink.ca
Fri Sep 2 10:20:28 UTC 2011

> On Wed, Aug 31, 2011 at 2:06 PM, Brent Bolin <brent.bolin at gmail.com> wrote:
> > I use these on my 3 front end boxes.  Can pretty much point my
> > transmitter anywhere in the room
> >
> > http://www.amazon.com/Dell-RC6-Receiver-Microsoft-receivers/dp/B0031YBF9M
>
> Brent,
> Do you know if these are the same as the original Microsoft Windows
> Media Center Remote Receivers?
> I have one that works great, but now that Comcast turned off their
> analog channels its in the basement controlling my cable boxes.

It seems like a lot of us are use the MCE receivers.  My frontend is an old
microATX desktop format case the has a molded opening for the floppy drive.  I
stuck the MCE receiver behind the floppy hole and secured it with cable ties.
It has worked great for ages. It is will hidden and has no issues with angles
in the room (unless my son's rocking horse is in the way).

I also use them for IR blasting on my backends.  It's nice that you can use
two IR blasters on one box.  They work much more reliably the the serial
blasters I used to use.

Mark