[mythtv-users] Shutdown command failing

Giles gbirchley at blueyonder.co.uk
Fri Sep 2 09:33:18 UTC 2011

Check the shutdown options in the frontend as well as the backend, as
there now seems to be an additional set of options to govern what the
machine's frontend does  on shutdown. Mine kept going through the
shutdown process but then just hanging at the last moment.

Last night I hit on my solution: somehow in the upgrade the mythtv
shutdown options in the frontend (advanced->setup->general) had been
populated with the additional instruction "Halt". I removed this and
everything is shutting down properly now.

This started after i upgraded from the 0.24 to 0.24.1 build on Fedora 14
on my combined FE/BE. I guess that's when the additional options were
created (or at least populated).

Giles