[mythtv-users] BGT3600 - Ultimate UK DVB-T2 and DVB-S2 Tuner?

Simon Hobson linux at thehobsons.co.uk
Sat Oct 29 08:31:22 UTC 2011

Mark Gardner wrote:

>I've not seen anything on this list about the
>Blackgold BGT3600 dual DVB-T2 and dual DVB-S2
>card (also supports DVB-C, but that part does
>not interest me).

Well that's a lot of card for the money, and all
on a low profile card (nice since my backend is
low-profile only)

>There are no Linux drivers yet, although an
>eMail from BG support says 'coming November

I've learned to never, ever trust "coming soon"
promises - unless it's a big bill or tax demand
you'd prefer not to get. In particular, never
ever trust "coming soon" promises when it
involves computers !

>I'm not sure that would mean immediate support in Myth thoughŠ

In theory, as soon as it's supported by the Linux
video subsystem then it should be supported by

Simon Hobson