[mythtv-users] HDMI-CEC ?

Mark Kendall mark.kendall at gmail.com
Fri Oct 28 09:40:56 UTC 2011

On 27 October 2011 16:45, martin <martin at mstubbs.co.uk> wrote:
> On 25/10/11 18:40, Mark Kendall wrote:
>> On 24 October 2011 22:17, Mark Kendall<mark.kendall at gmail.com>  wrote:
>>> The hacked up code below should do the trick or if you want to wait a
>>> little, I'll be committing a proper version to master either tonight
>>> or tomorrow morning.
>>
>> ... and the patch will not work with the latest libcec. Stumbled
>> across a few problems with my latest patch, so will be a little
>> delayed.
>>
> Mark,
>
> Thought I would give you an update on my progress with your new code.
>
> Unfortunately the only command that currently works from mythtv is
> turning the TV to standby on program closing. I am using a panasonic tv
> + DVD/theatre system which must work differently to your system.
>
> If I use the cec-client program I can turn the tv on and it registers a
> name of "others" in the viera link control. I am trying to see why this
> works but your code won't register MythTV. Maybe we will need different
> command tables for different TV manufacturers.

Can I suggest you post a log from 'mythfrontend --loglevel=debug' and
perhaps annotate it as necessary (tv is currently off!) etc.

If you're not doing so already, try ssh'ing into the box and following
the log as you test.

Does the remote control pass through work?

... and, have you checked whether CEC is configurable in the TV
settings? Mine had to be switched on for both the TV and PS3.

regards

Mark