[mythtv-users] How do you reliably provide HDHR dhcp?

faginbagin mythtv at hbuus.com
Tue Oct 25 03:13:56 UTC 2011

I realize you've probably got the solution you need, but another option might be to install dd-wrt on a router, especially if you're already using dnsmasq for dhcp & dns on your linux server. It's got a linux kernel and uses dnsmasq to provide dhcp & dns services. I've got dd-wrt installed on one of my routers (configured as a switch & access point and allows me to use the internet port as another port on the switch) but I'm still running dnsmasq on my main linux server. I've been thinking about switching to using dd-wrt's dnsmasq, but haven't gotten around to trying it.

If anyone IS using (or has used) dd-wrt's dnsmasq, I'd be interested in hearing about your experience with it.

Helen