[mythtv-users] Doubled keys from remote

aaron memoryguy at gmail.com
Fri Oct 21 04:12:50 UTC 2011

Hi,

My previous Mythbox, an AthlonXP 2800+, was getting a bit long in the
tooth, and I think the hardware might have been starting to fail, so I
recently built a new one.

I decided to go with Mythbuntu this time, rather than Slackware, since
I wanted everything to work out of the box. I'm still in the process
of getting it all set up (no free time :(  ), but it's getting there.
I currently have three capture cards installed, an HVR-2250, and my
two old PVR-250's. Since the 2250's IR isn't yet supported, I want to
use the receiver and remote from the 250. I know this was working with
the old box.

By piecing together details from some older posts, I was able to get
the proper driver loaded (ir-kbd-i2c) and correctly recognizing the
grey remote. I customized the .lircrc to set up the keys the way I
want, and I feel that it's *almost* working... the frontend does
respond appropriately when I push buttons on the remote... but it
always acts on each button twice. So it only goes to every other menu
item, for example, and jumps two screens when I hit OK.

Some references suggest I don't want/need to use LIRC with the
ir-kbd-i2c driver, and others suggest I can use it. I thought I'd try
to use it because I couldn't find any documentation on how to
configure the keycodes the way I want. So I assume the problem is that
I don't have things configured properly, but I'm not sure how to do it
the right way.

Can anyone offer any suggestions of what to look at? Or what
configuration I should check/share?

aaron