[mythtv-users] clearing out xmltv schedule for a couple of channels

David Watkins watkinshome at gmail.com
Thu Oct 20 11:01:07 UTC 2011

> I have
> Duplicate Check Method:  Subtitle then Description
> Check for duplicates:           All Recordings
> Filter:                                 New Episodes Only
>
> And I still get a bunch of Doctor Who's on Watch that I've recorded before, I guess the guide data isn't really good enough, uk_rt fwiw.

When I looked recently, tv_grab_uk_rt never sets the rerun flag for
any program on 'Dave' and 'More4'  (and probably 'Watch' too)  It only
seems to be available within the BBC channels.  So the 'New Episodes
Only' filter won't help you avoid reruns on these channels if you're
still using xmltv for most of your guide data.

>From what Mike said, I assume the rerun flag *is* being set correctly
on the EIT data for 'Dave' et al ?

..and it's expecting a lot for duplicate detection to work on
subtitle,description or programmid between mixed guide sources.