[mythtv-users] Airplay Support?

Kevin Kuphal kkuphal at gmail.com
Tue Oct 18 16:27:29 UTC 2011

On Mon, Oct 17, 2011 at 10:04 PM, Anthony Giggins <
seven at seven.dorksville.net> wrote:

> The protocol has been reverse engineered for some time now and is in XBMC
> http://blog.technologeek.org/airtunes-v2
> and there is also python wrapper script
> https://github.com/PascalW/Airplayer
> has anyone looked any further into adding this into mythtv?
> if not I may look into writing a backend script for the python airplayer

The backend stuff just looks like a series of wrapper commands to interact
with a piece of software and telling it to play a given URL as well as
stop/start/etc. commands.  MythTV already has a telnet interface with a PLAY
command.  It seems like it would be easy for the backend script to simply
open the frontend telnet port and issue:

play file URL

and then also issue pause/play commands as needed