[mythtv-users] Bug in MythFE (MythCoreContext) re server connection address ?

linux guy linuxguy123 at gmail.com
Sat Oct 8 14:58:18 UTC 2011

On Sat, Oct 8, 2011 at 5:08 AM, Mike Perkins
<mikep at randomtraveller.org.uk>wrote:

> And:
> /etc/hosts
>       dragon.localdomain      dragon
> ::1             dragon6.localdomain6    dragon6
>    server.localdomain      server
> Your /etc/hosts is wrong. 'dragon' should be set to *on both
> machines*.

That /etc/hosts is on dragon and as far as I know (and have always done)
that is the right way to set it up.

If there is a better way to set it up, I'd like to know.

>From what I know, /etc/hosts reflects what the network looks like for the
machine it resides on, and for it (dragon), dragon is

/etc/hosts on server looks like this
===================================               server.localdomain server
::1                     server6.localdomain6 server6

Dragon doesn't have an entry there because its IP is assigned by DHCP when
it connects to the network and I am not running a DNS server.