[mythtv-users] HDMI-CEC ?

Dan Wilga mythtv-users2 at dwilga-linux1.amherst.edu
Wed Oct 5 18:30:16 UTC 2011

On 10/5/11 8:39 AM, Dan Wilga wrote:
> I seem to recall that some video cards support CEC commands, without
> using a special adapter. Having upgraded to a newish video card a while
> back, I'm going to look into this further before I buy the adapter.

Replaying to myself: While it's theoretically possible for a video card
to send/receive CEC data over HDMI, it's apparently only supported in
hardware by one or two manufacturers at this point, and not at all at
the driver level by nVidia. At least that's what Google came up with.
So, I ordered an adapter. I'll see how I fare at sending the appropriate
on/off commands once it arrives (in 5-7 days).