[mythtv-users] Mythvideo Metadata and Punctuation

Sven Bretfeld sven.bretfeld at gmx.ch
Sat Oct 1 08:44:00 UTC 2011

Daniel Osborne <myth at danielosborne.net> writes:

> Is there a way to ignore punctuation in the metadata grabber?
>
> For example, I have my movies organized as such:
> Star Trek - First Contact.mkv
> Star Trek - Generations.mkv
>
> Now, the actual movie contains a colon (see: http://www.themoviedb.org/movie/199
> ), but I obviously can't use that as a character (interoperability with
> Windows).
> So I replaced the colon with a hypen (technically a space and a hyphen). I have
> another video app that fetches metadata (Plex), and it correctly recognizes it.

This also interests me. I haven't found another solution than choosing a
filename with exact matching to themoviedb.org (curiously with exactly
the same movie). This is even worse if you have to use German umlauts. I
don't have your Windows problem, but I'm always unhappy about having
these unusual characters or spaces in filenames because of the resulting
problems of handling such files in a terminal.

Greetings,

Sven