[mythtv-users] Ceton patch available for trunk

David Engel david at istwok.net
Tue Nov 29 19:39:26 UTC 2011

On Tue, Nov 29, 2011 at 02:13:03PM -0500, Daniel Kristjansson wrote:
> On Sun, 2011-11-27 at 23:58 -0500, Ronald Frazier wrote:
> > I've now ported my Ceton patch from 0.24 to trunk. The patch is
> > available at the link below. If you are running trunk and would like
> > to test this, I'd appreciate any feedback on how it works for you.
> >
> > This patch includes a number of improvements over my 0.24 patch:
> <snip>
>
> I've been looking over the code and it looks good. The few places
> where I found things hadn't been implemented yet, like the signal
> monitor, this was highlighted by a "TODO".
>
> I should be able to apply this very quickly.

Cool.  I was going to bring this to your attention after I reviewed
the code.  Now, I don't have to! :)

I think we might want to handle compatibility with Ron's 0.24 patch
differently when this gets committed to master.  The 0.24 patch used
"<ip>-<1-based-tuner>" in the videodevice column while the new patch
uses "<ip>-<0-based-card>.<0-based-tuner>".

AIUI, the new patch currently handles both formats in multiple
locations.  The value in the database only gets updated, however, when
the user runs mythtv-setup and edits/saves the capture card.  I think
it would be better to have a schema update convert the formats in the
database and only support the new format in the rest of the code.

David

--
David Engel
david at istwok.net