[mythtv-users] Best Crystal HD setup

MacLaren, James M maclaren at tulane.edu
Mon Nov 28 21:37:35 UTC 2011

FWIW I tried many times on my appletv to get mythtv and to play nicely with mythtv with no success and the same results as you.  I either got stuttering or a frozen video frame.  In the end I just used the version of xbmc and the mythbox plugin which work great, just a little stuttering for the first couple of seconds of playback then rock solid for 720p, 1080i ATSC mpeg2 and H264.  I tried different driver versions and varied the buffer sizes as Davilla had suggested on the xbmc forum as well as different versions of mythtv.  If anyone has solved this I would love to know how, but from what I have read no one is working on it and Broadcomm is not being very helpful.
James