[mythtv-users] dd-wrt

Scott Alfter scott-sender-2f809c at alfter.us
Mon Nov 28 18:14:34 UTC 2011

On 11/22/2011 13:27, Nelson Tang wrote:
> Do be sure to check which version of the router you have; if I remember
> correctly, the most recent version had a different CPU that was not
> compatible with many alternative firmwares.

Same processor, but less RAM and flash.  The WRT54GL has the same amount of
both as older (v1-v4) WRT54Gs; it was kept in production for those of us who
want to run non-stock firmware.

I use Tomato on a WRT54GL.  It's relatively easy to configure and works well.
 It makes QoS ridiculously easy to configure, which is a nice capability to have.

Scott Alfter
scott at alfter.us