[mythtv-users] dd-wrt

Nelson Tang nelson at tangspace.com
Tue Nov 22 21:27:53 UTC 2011

On Tue, Nov 22, 2011 at 12:56 PM, Harry Devine <lifter89 at comcast.net> wrote:

> **
> I have a Linksys WRT54G router, and the firmware on it doesn't support
> DHCP reservation by MAC, which I'd like to do to give my original HDHR and
> HDHR Prime static IP addresses.  I was reading up on dd-wrt and was
> wondering if anyone is running it.  Will I be able to do this with dd-wrt?
> Was it hard to install/setup?

DD-WRT definitely lets you do this.  I do exactly this myself (though on a
different kind of router; however, I do also have a WRT54G, but I put
OpenWRT on it long ago and have not bothered changing it).  DD-WRT is not
very difficult to install or setup at all.  If you can install and
configure MythTV, DD-WRT is no harder, in my opinion.  Do be sure to check
which version of the router you have; if I remember correctly, the most
recent version had a different CPU that was not compatible with many
alternative firmwares.

--nelson