[mythtv-users] UK Freesat Channel 4 HD off air / moved?

Robert Longbottom rongblor at googlemail.com
Tue Nov 22 22:41:08 UTC 2011

On 22/11/2011 22:23, Karl Dietz wrote:
> On 22.11.2011 22:25, Robert Longbottom wrote:
>> There seems to be Channel 4 HD on a different frequency - 11126V, I was
>> using 12600V.  I've been trying to manually hack the database because I
>> can't get the channel scanner to add it and I don't want to do a full
>> scan but I must be missing something because I just get (TMLs) Partial
>> Lock when I try to watch Live TV.
> lets see... http://www.mythtv.org/docs/mythtv-HOWTO-23.html#ss23.21 has
> a description of the letters. Some SDT was seen but the expected SDT was
> not seen. The expected SDT is identified by matching the
> original_network_id and the transport_id.

Bah.  I searched for that page on Google and the MythTV wiki and failed 
to find it or any reference to it.  Clearly not a good night to be 
messing around in the database!

>> Channel 4 HD:11126:v:0:22000:2305:2307:21200
> so you hacked the mplexid and serviceid of the channel?
> service_id from 55300 to 21200 and


> mplexid from whatever the id of 12607V is to whatever 11126V is at your
> video source. (table dtv_multiplex)

No, because I didn't have a row in dtv_multiplex for 11126V.

> Don't ask me why they changed the service_id, maybe they've been trying
> to be funny or something ;)
> If you just slapped the other frequency on the multiplex you'll have to
> fix the transport_id, too. old 2614 to new 2068

Yes, I did that.  And changed the freq, and the symbolrate from 27500 to 
22000.  Oh, hang on, where does 2068 come from?  Right, lyngsat.  Yes, 
that must be why it didn't work.  I tried 2305 (from my scan result line 

> After all its likely easier to just delete the channel and the
> multiplex and then scan the other frequency...

Yeah, but I couldn't get the channel scanner to do that.  I couldn't add 
a new multiplex and didn't have the one I wanted to scan and didn't want 
to risk the full scan option due to the mayhem it usually causes in my 
resonably organsied channel list.

I tried importing the line above as a channels.conf as well, which 
seemed to succeed and setup a new dtv_multiplex row and channel row in 
the db, but then it still didn't lock.

I've given up for tonight and hidden the existing C4HD channel - stuff 
will record from C4SD instead until tomorrow night when I have the 
enthusiasm to try again.  But I think you've spotted (or made me spot) 
my mistake anyway...


> Regards,
> Karl
> PS: all values from lyngsat

More information about the mythtv-users mailing list