[mythtv-users] UK Freesat Channel 4 HD off air / moved?

Karl Dietz dekarl at spaetfruehstuecken.org
Tue Nov 22 22:23:23 UTC 2011

On 22.11.2011 22:25, Robert Longbottom wrote:

> There seems to be Channel 4 HD on a different frequency - 11126V, I was
> using 12600V.  I've been trying to manually hack the database because I
> can't get the channel scanner to add it and I don't want to do a full
> scan but I must be missing something because I just get (TMLs) Partial
> Lock when I try to watch Live TV.

lets see... http://www.mythtv.org/docs/mythtv-HOWTO-23.html#ss23.21 has
a description of the letters. Some SDT was seen but the expected SDT was
not seen. The expected SDT is identified by matching the
original_network_id and the transport_id.

> Channel 4 HD:11126:v:0:22000:2305:2307:21200

so you hacked the mplexid and serviceid of the channel?
service_id from 55300 to 21200 and
mplexid from whatever the id of 12607V is to whatever 11126V is at your
video source. (table dtv_multiplex)

Don't ask me why they changed the service_id, maybe they've been trying
to be funny or something ;)

If you just slapped the other frequency on the multiplex you'll have to
fix the transport_id, too. old 2614 to new 2068

After all its likely easier to just delete the channel and the
multiplex and then scan the other frequency...

Regards,
Karl

PS: all values from lyngsat