[mythtv-users] Seriously need help fixing new setup

Michael T. Dean mtdean at thirdcontact.com
Sat Nov 19 20:03:18 UTC 2011

On 11/19/2011 02:45 PM, steve wrote:
> I named the host mythtv.mythtv, which is what I had named the old setup
> (I think).

> I can connect the mysql/mythconverg using the mysql command line
> client.  I opened up the settings table and had a look.  Some relevant
> entries are:
>
> BackendServerIP    127.0.0.1    mythtv

Does the hostname program give you "mythtv" or "mythtv.mythtv"?  If the
latter, that's (at least part of) your problem--it's a different host name.

> MasterServerIP    127.0.0.1

Also, FWIW, I recommend you never use 127.0.0.1 or localhost anywhere in
the MythTV configuration.  If you use a real, routable IP address, it
makes expansion much easier as your system grows.  Even on single-host
MythTV systems, it makes sense to use a real IP address.

Mike