[mythtv-users] AF9015 Dual tuner i2c write failures

Matt Harrison iwasinnamuknow at genestate.com
Fri Nov 11 15:01:39 UTC 2011

On 10/11/2011 17:55, Tim Draper wrote:
>> Maybe it's a similar problem like the Nova-T 500 has? It doesn't like a
>>> reboot. Can you try to power down your computer and switch it back on
>>> and see whether you still get the messages? Maybe you also need to dis-
>>> and reconnect the stick before switching the PC back on.
>>>

> ok, i've rebooted the BE, and still the same issue - looks like the USB
> stick needs to have power fully removed from it so it can reset.
>
> any more ideas? not sure im going to spend alot of time on this one - was
> only £10 but it would be nice to get it working..

I had terrible problems with MSI Digivox duos (and the Kworld
equivalent) using the AF9015 chip recently. Got the updated firmware etc
but suffered awful reliability. Ended up having to shutdown the backend
for 30 seconds, often twice a day. By the end I was missing 60% of my
scheduled recordings.

Not what you want to hear I know, but I ended up getting a european HDHR
from ebay and haven't looked back. It really does just work.

HTH

Matt