[mythtv-users] BGT3600 - Ultimate UK DVB-T2 and DVB-S2 Tuner?

Mark Gardner Mark at thegardners.me.uk
Tue Nov 8 06:19:16 UTC 2011

This email in this morning from BlackGold would seem to be a step in the right direction for Linux drivers although drilling down through the zips, DVB-Sx support *appears* to be missing - I have emailed BG for clarification.

Dear Sir,

We are contacting you as you have previously expressed an interest in Linux drivers for BlackGold products.

As part of BlackGold's continued commitment to the Linux community, we have pleasure in announcing the latest Linux driver set for Ubuntu release 11.10, Kernel 3.0.0.

The above drivers are compiled binary drivers.  We are currently prevented from releasing source code to the open environment by silicon vendor Non-Disclosure Agreements.  However, we are fully aware of open source requirement and fully support this.  We are therefore working hard to reach agreements which will allow full source release and hope to have these in place by January 2012.

Best regards,

BlackGold Team