[mythtv-users] Live TV Browsing starts on the wrong channel (channel 2 every time) when first switched on

Jerry mythtv at hambone.e4ward.com
Sun Nov 6 12:25:47 UTC 2011

Hi all,

I'm new to the list, but I have been using mythTV for a few years.

I'm running Fedora 15 with mythtv-0.24.1-2.fc15.i686 as the version number
(I'm not sure how to get the revision #).

When I start watching Live TV, and it starts on channel 25, if I go to
change a channel, Browsing takes me to channel 2.  If I change to channel
15, and then go to browse again, everything is fine -- it goes to 14 or 16.

Is this normal behavior?  It's not a huge problem but it is annoying.

I am also experiencing errors when I change more than three or so
channels.  I come to a black screen with audio, or just a black screen.
Fortunately, I am usually able to ESC out of it back to the menu.  If I
select Live TV again, things are working.

I would appreciate any advice you might have.

Thanks!

Jerry