[mythtv-users] Multiple Lineups / Live TV Channel Change

Roger H mythtvuser1818 at gmail.com
Thu Nov 3 16:20:03 UTC 2011

On Thu, Nov 3, 2011 at 12:04 PM, Michael T. Dean <mtdean at thirdcontact.com>wrote:

> On 11/03/2011 10:29 AM, Scott and Nicole Harris wrote:
> > My tuners were entered as one tuner each, then I went back in afterwards
> to add the virtual tuners to get them "staggered".
>
> This completely breaks MythTV.  No one should *EVER* do this.  Even if
> your plan is to use the "break MythTV recordings by prioritizing Live TV
> over recordings" approach, this is not how it's done.

Nice to know.  I inadvertently did this myself.

The MythTV wiki for the HVR-1600 (
http://www.mythtv.org/wiki/Hauppauge_HVR-1600#Backend_Setup) says to,
"Change Max recordings to 1, since this card can only record one thing at a
time." so I did this at first since I didn't know any better at the time.
I also did this for my HVR-950Q.  Later, when I realized that this was
wrong, I changed them both back to 2.

Should I "delete" both tuners and add them back in?

Roger