[mythtv-users] So: how *could* CBS solve the sports delay problem?

Eric Sharkey eric at lisaneric.org
Wed Nov 2 15:26:23 UTC 2011

On Wed, Nov 2, 2011 at 11:11 AM, Scott and Nicole Harris
<snharris99 at live.com> wrote:

>> > As did the other person suggesting this, you've overlooked the fact that
>> > 90+% of viewers get their TV by cable or satellite, and those outlets *don't
>> > carry the transport stream* (TTBOMK), they break it down, and send along
>> > (usually recompressed harder) the baseband program streams for which they're
>> > contracted to the station.
>>
>> I've had both Verizon Fios and Comcast Cable here in New Jersey, and
>> we get most of the secondary channels, too, so I don't think that
>> would be a problem.
>>
>> Eric
>
> "most" != "all"

Well, I only say most because I don't really know how many there are.
You can bet that if this were common practice, the cable providers
would provide the channels necessary to watch the games.  They'd lose
too many subscribers otherwise.

Eric