[mythtv-users] UK - my listings are disappearing

Mike Perkins mikep at randomtraveller.org.uk
Wed Nov 2 15:08:34 UTC 2011

I have realised that I am no longer getting listings updates from the Radio
Times feed (via xmltv). I have tried to fault find the problem but without much

If I run tv_grab_uk_rt manually it appears to succeed, but the output file only
contains partial schedule data. If I then attempt to load this using
mythfilldatabase /nothing/ changes, probably because the data replicates what is
already there from when it worked.

I can't ping xmltv.radiotimes.com, which means I can't even check if the GETs
are being intercepted by my firewall.

If I attempt to web browse to xmltv.radiotimes.com I get a web page which notes:

Old RadioTimes.com

Please note we are only updating listings on this site until 30th Sept

Any ideas?

$ tv_grab_uk_rt --version
XMLTV module version 0.5.61
This is tv_grab_uk_rt version 1.342, 2011/06/19 06:50:36

Mike Perkins