[mythtv-users] Best way to transcode SD shows on HD channels

Roger H mythtvuser1818 at gmail.com
Wed Nov 2 13:06:22 UTC 2011

On Wed, Nov 2, 2011 at 8:12 AM, Kris B. <krisbee at krisbee.com> wrote:

> That's it.. it isn't a universal script, it was a Kris script :)  I just
> posted it so someone could bend it to their setup (not too hard)...

Sorry for the newbie question, but what do you mean by a universal script?

Also, you say your script modifies the database to point to the new file.
Is this type of database modification considered safe (I know the devs
don't like people playing with it)?

Thirdly, what were to happen if you were watching the program when it
finished transcoding?  I have had cases where I have suspected (not proven)
that if MythTranscode finishes while you are watching a the same program,
it will get corrupted for the next time you watch it (may be related to
setting a book mark, but as I said, none of this has been proven.