[mythtv-users] So: how *could* CBS solve the sports delay, problem

Glenn Harris gharris at eklo.com
Tue Nov 1 21:42:56 UTC 2011

On Mon, Oct 31, 2011 at 9:31 AM, Ken Mandelberg <km at mathcs.emory.edu> wrote:
> It would even be more helpful if CBS had some pollable site that
> published the delay as soon as football ended.

They don't have a pollable site that I know of, but they do have email alerts.
You can sign up to be notified of overruns, and any programs that will
be affected at
http://www.cbs.com/eye-lerts/

For example, here is the pre-notice from this past Friday:
"An NFL runover on Sunday, 10/30 could delay start times for 60
Minutes (7pm ET), The Amazing Race (8pm ET), The Good Wife (9pm ET)
and CSI: Miami (10pm ET)."

And here is the actual alert sent on Sunday, at 7:33pm:
"Revised start times for tonight's CBS programs: 60 Minutes (7:29pm
ET), The Amazing Race (8:29pm ET), The Good Wife (9:29pm ET) and CSI:
Miami (10:29pm ET) due to CBS Sports live coverage of the NFL."

You get similar alerts for things like tennis, etc.

I just wait for these emails, then fire up mythweb and make my
updates.  I have grand plans of updating mythweb to make extending a
recording easier, but I always forget about it until the next week...

--Glenn