[mythtv-users] Schema upgrade from 0.21->0.24_fixes hangs

Josh Mastronarde jmastron at gmail.com
Tue May 31 04:04:20 UTC 2011

[snip -- schema upgrade appearing to hang]

Just an update -- this appears to have nothing to do with Myth; I did
a "mythfilldatabase -v database" and did some comparisons with the
working 0.21 system; insertions are taking ~200 times longer; I
confirmed this with a simple mysql script also, not using any MythTV
programs at all.  Presumably the schema upgrade would finish
eventually, but it's not worth seeing until I can figure out what's
wrong with mysql.  If anyone's seen this with Fedora 15, let me know,
otherwise I'll dig elsewhere.

Thanks,

Josh