[mythtv-users] Mythfrontend Sementationn Fault -- Fedora 14, Mythtv 0.24-7

Javier Perez pepebuho at gmail.com
Mon May 9 09:30:14 UTC 2011

Before I go any further, I just found out, by opening a session through
TigerVNC, that I have a mythtvfrontend instance working from VNC (the
vncserver starts it).

After I exited the mythfrontend instance on VNC, I was able to start
mythfrontend normally without any segfault.

I think I read something about a similar problem but I can't find it again.
Have you heard of this situation? I used to be able to have them both
working without problem, did anything change? Could It be that I am doing
the service port fix wrong?

this is what I have right now (I undid what I had before)

<Configuration>
  <UPnP>
    <MythFrontend>
      <DefaultBackend>
        <DBHostName>localhost</DBHostName>
        <DBUserName>mythtv</DBUserName>
        <DBPassword>mythtv</DBPassword>
        <DBName>mythconverg</DBName>
        <DBPort>0</DBPort>
      </DefaultBackend>
    </MythFrontend>
  </UPnP>
</Configuration>

Javier

On Sun, May 8, 2011 at 4:35 AM, Paul Harrison <mythtv at sky.com> wrote:

> On 08/05/11 08:40, Javier Perez wrote:
> > Hi
> > Mythfrontend is causing a segmentation fault whenever I try to start it.
> >
> > I already tried the service port fix but it did not work
> >
> > What should I do to fix this?
> >

> We would need a backtrace to debug the segfault which would tell us in
> which part of the code to look for the problem.
>
> http://www.mythtv.org/docs/mythtv-HOWTO-22.html#ss22.2
>
> Since it appears a core file was created you may be able to create the
> bt from that using the instructions from the last section of this wiki
> page :-
> http://www.mythtv.org/wiki/Debugging
>
> The bt produced from the core may not contain enough information to
> figure out where the segfault is so we may ask you to temporarily
> install the debug builds for Myth and get a new bt from those which
> would contain more information.
>
> Paul H.

 /\_/\
 |O O|  pepebuho at gmail.com