[mythtv-users] Scheduler question

Tom Lichti redpepperracing at gmail.com
Sun May 8 22:49:15 UTC 2011

I have quite a mix of hardware and lineups, and I'm trying to figure
out the best way to make the scheduler 'do the right thing', so to
speak. I have 1 HD-PVR connected to an HD cable set top box, 2
PVR-x50's connected to my analog cable system, and 2 HDHR's connected
to an antenna. I have one lineup setup with Schedules Direct that I
setup so that it covers all of the channels available to all of my
sources, in MythTV I setup 3 sources, one for analog, one for OTA and
one for the HD-PVR, and I manually remove the channels for each source
that don't apply. I have some channels that are available on all
three, some on just two, and some on a single source. To help the
scheduler, in mythtv-setup I set the priority for the 4 HDHR tuners to
+10, for the HD-PVR I set it at +5, and the PVR-x50's are set at 0.
Ideally, when a show is available on all 3 sources, for it to first
try and schedule it to the HDHR, then hte HD-PVR, then as a last
resort the PVR-x50's.The only issue is that the HD channels have the
name like WGRZ-DT, where the analog ones are just WGRZ, so I setup a
bunch of power rules to record with channel.callsign LIKE 'WGRZ%',
which seems to work, but it would be easier if I could just say
'record anytime on WGRZ', so would it screw anything up (specifically
Schedules Direct) if I manually changed the call sign for those
channels by removing the '-DT' part? Or am I missing something simple?
Or have I just completely screwed it up?

Thanks
Tom