[mythtv-users] Channel change on LiveTV
Johan.van der Kolk
johan.van.der.kolk1 at telenet.be
Thu May 5 23:16:20 UTC 2011
On 05/05/2011 08:52 PM, Frank Phillips wrote:
> On Thu, May 5, 2011 at 11:22 AM, Josu Lazkano <josu.lazkano at gmail.com
> <mailto:josu.lazkano at gmail.com>> wrote:
> Hello again, I found this ticket:
> It is solved, I am on the debian-multimedia repository's squeeze
> version (0.24+fixes20110121-0.0), which version recomended to get this
> I never compile mythtv from trunk, I like Debian apt-get software, I
> try with apt-pinning but I have lots dependencies problem. I will
> wait to Marillat (repository own) to update the version.
> I think you gave the wrong link, that bug is neither solved, nor has a
I posted this before on the Dev list. The problem never came back again,
only channel changing slowed down:
"I had this error very consistent on my system while switching channels
in live TV, and noticed that it happened only when the channels were on
the same multiplex. Once it happened it would happen on other channel
changes as well, I normally restarted the frontend in that case.
After some digging I found the code that checks if the new channel is on
the same multiplex.
I completely commented those lines out, and I have not been able to
reproduce the jump file error.
Now this is an awfull hack, but maybe the more experienced developers
can do something better with this information.
I commented the following lines out in tv_rec.cpp:
starting at line 3779
slist<<"message"<<QObject::tr("On known multiplex...");
MythEvent me(QString("SIGNAL %1").arg(cardid), slist);
That it seems to work for me is no guarantee it works for other people,
and I'm sure I did not take away the root cause. (and not sure what
possible side effects this has)
For the record, running a fairly recent master and DVB-S cards..
MythTV Version : v0.25pre-787-gbdbd7d6-dirty
MythTV Branch : master
Network Protocol : 64
Library API : 0.25.20101223-1
QT Version : 4.6.2
More information about the mythtv-users