[mythtv-users] once again, (4) missed recordings due to MythSocket(8abec58:11): readStringList: Error, timed out after 7000 ms.

Brian J. Murrell brian at interlinx.bc.ca
Thu May 5 03:13:59 UTC 2011

So, after a brief hiatus, this problem:

2011-05-04 21:05:11.556 MythSocket(8abec58:11): readStringList: Error,
timed out after 7000 ms.
2011-05-04 21:05:11.557 Protocol version check failure.
                        The response to MYTH_PROTO_VERSION was empty.
                        This happens when the backend is too busy to
respond,
                        or has deadlocked in due to bugs or hardware
failure.
2011-05-04 21:05:11.558 MythCoreContext: Connecting to backend server:
10.75.22.2:6543 (try 1 of 5)

and missed recordings is back again.

None of the suggestions so far have panned out, but that's not
surprising since I deeply suspect this is a problem in the code itself.

Is there nothing at all I can do to gather enough information for a
developer familiar with this code to figure out what's going wrong?  Do
I just have to live with an unreliable MythTV missing recordings on a
seemingly random basis?

All in all tonight, 4 recordings were simply just not recorded.

b.