[mythtv-users] Loud pop/crackle sound during playback

Jean-Yves Avenard jyavenard at gmail.com
Mon May 2 22:07:49 UTC 2011

On 3 May 2011 00:59, Dave Badia <dbadia at gmail.com> wrote:
> Looks like this issue is unique to the JYA 24 fixes branch.  Most
> recently, this issue was happening multiple times a day while running
> JYA (I had actually forgotten I just running JYA on that particular
> frontend and left that out of my original post), I reverted back to
> regular 24 fixes branch and have gone 4 days without any pops.
>
> The issue occurred while watching content (both 2 ch and 5.1), but
> could be reproduced more often by skipping forward and back in the
> recording randomly.  The pop seems loudest from the right rear
> speaker.  When I disable the rear speakers via my amp the sound came
> from the front left.
>
> Should I open a ticket for this issue?

Are you using digital passthrough AC3 by any chance over spdif ?

A ticket wouldn't help much unless you can provide actual data : logs
of when it occurs etc...

I have rewritten the AC3 encoder which I think could have introduced
audio corruption before.

The 0.24 branch in my repo contains the same audio code as the current
0.25/master .. So identifying all the problems sooner than later is
welcomed.

Jean-Yves