[mythtv-users] No subtitle support in Mythvideo on 0.24

Robert McNamara robert.mcnamara at gmail.com
Tue Mar 22 01:46:47 UTC 2011

On Mon, Mar 21, 2011 at 6:39 PM, Adam Jimerson <vendion at gmail.com> wrote:

> When playing one of the videos that I know to have subtitles in it I see no
> "Subtitle" option listed under the OSD menu.  I opened up a video and played
> a couple of seconds with, long enough till I got to a point where I knew
> that the subtitles should display.  The output is very verbose so I put in
> on pastebin -> http://pastebin.com/xMK5bUhL (sorry to the people who
> dislike/hate pastebin for political or religious reasons), but if I open the
> same video in VLC the subtitles are displayed.

This is an ASS/SSA subtitle.  Other players support this through
libass, but Myth has no such support.  There are patches in trac which
use this approach, and either those patches or an ffmpeg resync should
do the trick.  Even ffmpeg only added support for this type of
subtitle in the last couple months.

Robert